Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Senioritis....a bad infection

Senioritis:

"noun. A crippling disease that strikes high school/college seniors. Symptoms include: laziness, an over-excessive wearing of track pants, old athletic shirts, sweatpants, athletic shorts, and sweatshirts. Also features a lack of studying, repeated absences, and a generally dismissive attitude. The only known cure is a phenomenon known as graduation ."
Well, I'm not exactly this extreme (hate sweatpants and I'm still making sure I look well-kept...and I'm still keeping on track with my work).
I really didn't think I could be affected by "senioritis"...I thought I was immune to it because I always thought of myself as a hard-worker (or, at least, trying to be one). But, like many of my other fellow graduating seniors, I am finding myself being pulled into other directions other than my work and studying. It's so nice outside...I have to pull the curtains shut in
my room so that my eyes don't start wandering outside. Plus, there are some things of greater importance than this stuff professors like to call "work". Some things are more pertinent and mean so much more...
When I came home yesterday, I had these waiting for me.
My grandmother has a couple of lilac bushes and she always remembers, every year, how much I love lilacs so she cut a few branches off and brought down for me. They smell absolutely wonderful! And the purple shades brighten me up. And I like how they look so squishy and lush. I bet if you laid in a bed full of them, it would be so soft. I like burying my face in the little tiny blooms and breathing in deeply till the smell fills my lungs.

No comments: