Saturday, April 19, 2008

Spring is Here!


Ahhhh...I know, I'm a bad blogger! It's been too long, but things have been rather busy.

It was so incredible outside today, that I decided to take some pictures around the yard that were clear indications that winter is out the door and spring has finally come! There were some fat bumblebees buzzing around...I almost had a very close encounter with them when the rock on which I was standing on almost toppled over.

My mother has a rock/flower garden and sometimes I like to go out and pull the weeds from it...I like gardening, despite what everyone in my family says. I suppose I should put it this way: I like to do it on my own time and terms...it's cathartic, like ironing. Sometimes, my mother goes out there with the pruning shears and goes all Edward Scissorhands to the pine trees, cutting away at the branches until there's hardly anything left...poor trees.

Today was an awards ceremony at Shippensburg University so I had to go in to receive an award and I met up with Jenn and Tami. Look at us...from high school to college, we still managed to stick together and we came out in the end being the best we ever could be. The only person missing is Nicole (but, she a Chambersburg girl...) Just kidding Nicole!

I would have to say, this is one of my favorite times of the year, but it's so bittersweet. We're all going off onto separate paths, no longer connected by school. This isn't the only thing that is making me sad, but that is for a different story...

For now, I'm just going to enjoy what I have.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Glad we've been friends so long! We are still going to have weekend rendezvous-essses. (or whatever the plural of rendezvous is).