Sunday, April 6, 2008

Life's Passion #1

Ughhhh...I shall never bug Jenn for not updating her blog ever again. I am terrible at this. You would figure as much as I like to talk, I would be better at this blogging stuff...
I have noticed something different in me in the last couple of months. And I think I owe it to my friends. Because of them, I've made decisions that have made me a better and more vibrant person that I don't regret. I got out of a relationship that was hurting me, I got my hair cut into bangs (which, I think, released the Emily inside), I laugh more, I enjoy the little things more, and I am more aware of the little things that make me the woman I am. Grazie/Gracias!
One of life's passions is full, true, laughter. Not the forced, conversational laughter, but laughter that cannot be held back and comes somewhere between the heart and soul. I always feel so good after I laugh because it renews me, energizes me, and just plain makes me happy and whole. It's cathartic and makes us human.
Wikipedia mentions that laughter can improve your health and increase life. Laughter can make your abdomen muscles stronger, protect the heart, lower blood sugar after a meal, and may increase antibodies in the body.
Laughter makes you feel closer to your peers and others. It is a social tool to build stronger relationships (friendships and otherwise).
So laugh more!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

:( not laughing at that second pic...

Jenn said...

oh yeah. and now you understand how much effort and time and love goes into posting on a blog. It is like a giant time monster. You start a post and about an hour later you are like, oh crap, I should have been writing my paper, or cleaning, or anything but staring at the computer screen researching the physiology of laughing. ha ha.

Emily said...

ugh i know! it is a monster...and the beast is never full...