Saturday, April 26, 2008

More than just a favorite number....

Well, I can say for certain now that the number 8 is, indeed, my favorite and lucky number....
I was driving home from Maryland on Saturday and once I hit the PA border, it got incredibly dark. Me+car+rain=bad. I hate storms to begin with, but driving in one...I was practically gripping the steering wheel. From past experience, I was smart enough to pull off at the Marion exit where I proceeded to find a gravel parking lot where there was another car waiting out the storm. That's when it really poured and I decided that I would probably be there for a while...luckily, I had some work with me. After about 20 minutes, I realized that slowly the parking lot was because flooded and turning into a good sized lake. But the rain was not abating!
After a while, I decided that driving in the rain while it was still light out was better than driving in the rain in the dark...as soon as I hit I-81, it rained harder...I guess I was driving right into the storm.

Sometimes, I like watching storms...they can be very beautiful and inspiring. But there are times when they make me more than just a little apprehensive. When I was a child, anytime there was a storm, I would think a tornado would come and I would start reading my book about storms and tornados...I was a paranoid child. I will always remember how one time, during a very bad storm, I was so frightened that I went to my room, knelt beside my bed, and prayed fervently for God to stop the storm. Of course, all storms stop sooner or later, but when it did stop, I felt God did it just for me and even now, it re-establishes my faith in His power and that He actually hears me.

That is what you call a child-like faith.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I know. That storm was horrible. Good thing your car didn't float away.

8. Why such a good #? ha ha