Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Happiness and Sadness


Tonight was so lovely, it was almost perfect. After an incredible gorgeous day, I attended the Honors Program Spring Banquet for Ship University, and it was so bittersweet. It didn't really hit me that this would be my last Honors Banquet until our program director got up and started talking and then all of us graduating seniors stood up to receive our Honors graduation cords and parting gift. I cannot believe how fast these last four years have gone by. I have changed so much that it would be hard for me to recognize the Emily from four years ago. And the fact that I have been with these people and learned and laughed and complained and suffered with them...it's so overwhelming. Really, with the Honors Program, we were a tight knit group, taking various classes with them, interacting and spending time with them. And now, we're all scattering off into so many directions...will I ever see them again?

But, tonight was not for sadness, but for
reminiscing and enjoying each other company. I'm proud to see my friends succeed so well...we are the best of the best. And we could not have had it on a more perfect evening. I love spring.
On a sad note, my family just got a call from my mother's relatives...my grandmother is in the hospital again and her heart is "shrinking"...

I don't know what they mean by that, but I'm praying for good news...

1 comment:

Jenn said...

oh no, I hope your grandma is ok.

And I can't believe we are graduating!!! I love my super awesome, super smart honors friends!