Sunday, April 20, 2008

From Winter to Monsoon Season

Rain is a good thing...I won't deny that. Rain is a necessity for things to grow. This is something everyone learns from an early age. Apparently, rain is also good for drenching poor Emily as she walks from the library on campus to her car while dressed up for an induction ceremony of which she is president of. Nice....at least I didn't fall down into a mud puddle. That is a big blessing.
It was crazy, though. It started off as just little, tiny droplets of rain, the kind that you sort of ignore because you brush it off as a passing mist. Then, WHOM. As if God started kicking over buckets and pails full of water to the brim. It was actually pretty funny and would have been really fun to walk in if it wasn't for 4 inch heels on my feet.

Then, at the ceremony, the campus catering people never showed up. I call them, asking them where the hell they're at because the ceremony's about to start..and we have no food. Turns out they said I didn't write on the reservation form where the ceremony was taking place. Hmmm...I thought to myself...that's funny, I thought I did. But, hey, my head has been in other places lately so I could have forgotten that. Give them the benefit of the doubt. Plus, they said they were trying to contact someone (i.e. one of the professors) but no such luck. So, I told them to just come as soon as possible. 45 minutes later....still no food. I get a message on my phone from them saying they are taking care of two dinners at that point and couldn't send anyone to give us our food! Why did they not decide to tell me this before?! OOoooooo...did the professors get mmmaadddd...and here I am thinking, Oh shit, this is my fault. One prof goes to get the food for himself while I log onto the internet with my laptop, check my email for the form I had sent, and lo and behold, I specifically typed on the form: Old Main Chapel. Granted, I didn't leave a space between "Location:" and "Old Main Chapel", but I figured someone should be able to figure that out. Apparently, not.

Finally, our professor showed up with our food that should have been CATERED to us...and it turns out they weren't even ready for him with the food when he showed up...and they gave him no plates, napkins, or utensils.

So when we left, we just left everything there for them to clean up.

Hopefully, catering can at least clean up. But I shouldn't hold my breath...

Had to shake a lot of hands...and take a lot of pictures...very awkward.

No comments: