Sunday, May 18, 2008

Resistance is futile

Today, I painted my new room with my future housemate...the shade I chose for the walls was called "Moon Shade", a very nice dark blue with just a light hint of grey. I love the color and it matches well with the white ceiling and trim at the bottom. It was a good bonding time...and I learned the finer points of painting. Later, we sat outside on the porch, watching her dog run around chasing tennis balls and trying to sit on us.

Yesterday when I went with Jenn and Tami shopping, I fatally walked into the Samsonite store because my luggage I took to Europe last summer broke a wheel. At first, I was only
going in to look around and to get a faint idea what kind of luggage I would like in the future. Then, I turned around and saw these pieces, but in a light lavender color...and it was love at first sight. They were on sale, but I was still stuck on the fence as to whether or not to buy them. It took convincing from Jenn, Tami, the seller, my logic, and an extra 25% off....and I bought it! I got the 24 inch and the tote bag...they're so cute! It was fate....they were calling to me.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Awww, your room looks good; good color choice!

I think that sales clerk knew a sucker when she saw one ;)
(But I think you are the one who won in the end)

Unknown said...

Lovely luggage. And lovely room =) When do you move in?