Monday, May 12, 2008

Graduation



Oh my, what tulmutuous times....I graduated, Mother's Day and my sister's birthday was on Sunday, and I dearly, strongly miss someone special in my life, especially during graduation.




Saturday was the final conclusion to a rather large and important chapter in my life...I still don't believe I fully feel it's concequences. I believe that because i had finals right up to the day before graduation, it doesn't feel as emotionally over-the-top as graduating from high school. Plus, with Facebook, I don't feel I will totally be separated from my colleges friends (and some professors!)



My parents, paternal grandparents, sister, and brother-in-law came to the special event that was held inside Heiges Field House due to the earlier rain during the day. Sigh...I was so afraid it was going to be high school graduation all over again..hot, sticky, and humid. To my great surprise, the weather was actually decent, even pleasant! Good thing...got some good pictures in...we were some of the last people there, taking pictures, as recent graduates drove by, honking their horns and yelling out the windows. With my sister, being a professional photographer, it was quite the photoshoot. There was a lot of, "Aaron! Hold this camera! Aaron! Don't turn the cameras off!" hahaha...., but, they got some really good pictures taken. I wanted to get pictures with my professors who had showed up in the graduate gowns, looking all smart and sophisticated..but, alas, they either ran out the door when it was done, or sat in their robing room and talked.


The actually ceremony part even went by quickly, calling out our names and hauling us up to shake hands and to hand us our fake diplomas like cattle.


All in all, it was a very nice ceremony and event. Afterwards, my family went out to the Outback Steakhouse where it was packed full, but thank goodness my father made reservations..good job Dad...I didn't have to remind him! My grandparents had given me money and a new down comforter, my parents are going to get me a new bed, but the biggest surprise of all was the beautiful silver Tiffany's bracelet Jenny and Aaron gave me! Ahhhhhh!








Now, what to do with this piece of paper I have worked hard for for 4 years? Hmmm..build a fire? Nah...

2 comments:

Jenn said...

congrats graduate!!!

cute family

beautiful bracelet!

Emily said...

thank you jenn bly!

you too!