Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Free Time

You know, when you are the most busiest you wish to just do nothing...when you actually do nothing, then you end up as bored as can be.
Today, I went for a walk through Shippensburg with Jenn and my dog, Wally, after grabbing some iced tea at a local coffee shop. What an afternoon. My dog cannot understand that it is not polite for him to walk up people's porches or to urinate on church grass. I felt like one of those mother's who strap a harness on their child and attach a leash to them (which, by the way, I find so dehumanizing....yes, it made be easier than way, but come on...does it really take that much effort to hold your child's hand?)
Anyway, towards the end, Wally and I followed Jenn into this wooded area to the duck pond. It wasn't until we were well on our way that I realized to myself, "I am following someone who cannot navigate to save our lives...."
But, surprise! All three of us came out alive. All in all, it was a nice, 2-hour walk.
On Sunday, my family and I celebrated my sister's birthday and my brother-in-law and mother managed to shove 35 candles onto her birthday cake. My sister does not look her age, so no one on the street would ever be able to tell she was 35 years old. Oops...did I give that away?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope that "someone" you refer to is Wally!!

Emily said...

hmmm..considering that I said that "wally and I followed Jenn..." then no, i meant you.
hahahaha