Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday!


I have to admit..I love birthdays. Not just mine, but everyone's birthdays. I get so excited because I love to plan things. So when my birthday just rolled around, my friends planned for me a wonderful day.
Jenn and Nicole came and kidnapped me and took me to the National A
rboretum in Washington, D.C. which consists of acres and acres of beautiful landscaping and scenery. I was very surprised...I had no idea D.C. had this to offer. And just like any other museum, it is free and open for all of the public...I suggest everyone take advantage of this.
And then, after acquainting
ourselves with the many streets of D.C. (as I would like to call it, instead of being "lost") my friends took me to a wonderful, delectable French restaurant in Georgetown called "Et Voila". If heaven serves food, I'm pretty sure it would taste like this...everything we had was perfect and the atmosphere and staff could not have been any more welcoming. I am still thinking of my poached pear....
My friends know me very well....a day walking through exotic gardens and an evening dining on delicious food is my idea of a day well spent. Cities have so much to offer. Tomorrow I will blog about what they got me.
And on my birthday day, my mother cooked a wonderful meal for grandparents, parents, great-aunt, and me, a tasty chocolate cake, and my parents got me a beautiful Tiffany necklace. My sister called me to wish me a happy birthday, so it was a lovely day spent with family and dog. And a certain someone sent me two thoughtful books to familiarize myself with Paris and France.

I had a very satisfying and heartwarming birthday.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

yay, glad you had a nice time!!