Sunday, August 10, 2008

I'm in it for the volleyball...and you?

I haven't been blogging much (actually, none at all) but nothing has really happened to merit said blogging. But when watching the beach volleyball segment of the Olympics and checking up the results online, something caught my attention...
Dancers? Not just any dancers, but dancers in bikinis. And cheerleaders.
Why?
And I don't mean it in a derogatory way, but with already hot, fit men and women in the tiniest outfits out of the whole Olympic competition, covered in sweat and sand, slapping each other on their posteriors, aren't all eyes already glued to the
TV?
I couldn't help but think Keri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor
could take down the entire dance and cheerleader squads with one hand tied behind their backs.
Plus, while the men's teams may be spurred to victory by the dancers/cheerleaders, how is it helping the women's teams? Come on, at least give them some eye candy as well. Where's the equality? Of course, I would be less impressed with men out there dancing...what else could the men be doing to encourage the women's teams?

Just a rhetorical question to throw out there...please, feel free to contact the Olympic committees with suggestions.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Can I say that I love this post???

Because I do.

I agree that our hot USA Olympics team doesn't need any cheerleaders. There is already plenty of hot-ness to go around.

Thank you spandex.